We spend a lot of time outside. Working around the property, hiking, fishing & camping are just a few activities that have us outside, and usually away from the kitchen for hours at a time. We also like to snack. Fishing and hiking, its always a good thing to pack light. The less gear and whatnots that you are carrying with you mean less energy used in your activities. One thing that has always been a go to for us is beef jerky. Often, in the past, we’ve had to buy it. It’s not cheap, and loaded with all kinds of things that have very strange, unpronounceable names as listed in the ingredients on the packaging. We decided it was time to start making our own Jerky.
The original idea for this Pineapple Teriyaki Jerky recipe comes from True North Wilds. We’ve been enjoying their videos for a while now, and when they posted this recipe up on their website, we just had to try it out!
Pineapple Teriyaki Beef Jerky ~ Recipe
2.5lb Eye of Round beef roast
1 19 oz can crushed pineapple
1/2 cup minced garlic
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup soy sauce
1 TBS Ginger
1 TBS Onion Powder
1/2 TBS liquid smoke
- Slice beef to desired sizes
- Combine all other ingredients and simmer 30 minutes
- Allow the teriyaki sauce to cool
- Add your beef to the sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 12 hours
- Arrange meat on your drying racks leaving plenty of space between pieces for proper airflow
- Start the drying process at 165* F and dry for 3 hours
- Turn down the heat to 135* F and continue until meat has reached your desired dryness. 6 hours in this step works well for us.
Products from Amazon.ca
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: CDN$ 90.80
Price: CDN$ 119.98Was: CDN$ 199.50